- 5-10+ years of Linux system administration with RedHat OS in a data center environment.
- Work closely with Tier 3 organizations and vendors to resolve system hardware and OS issues.
- A good understanding of shell scripting fundamentals as well as system tuning and diagnostics. Good undestanding of LVM and multipathing. Good understanding of KVM, Xen, and VMWare virtualization blatforms.
- Troubleshooting ability of real time production environment along with deployment and support of newer systems.
- Manage Day-to-day tasks related to High End Server hardware components. Hands on experience with
ITIL management tools, problem and change management tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Oracle RAC installation and maintenance procedures.
- Experience with multiple vendor operating systems along with Veritas Volume manager, File system and Veritas Cluster services.
- Experience with installing linux clients with kickstart and Solaris clients with jumpstart process.
- Provide centralized communication/notification to the global Qualcomm IT environment
- Requires a solid understanding of fiber channel switches, SAN and NAS technologies.
- Requires experience with HP/Oracle/Cisco Enterprise level hardware and blade infrastructure.
IT Engineer - Systems Admin (Unix/Linux ) at Qualcomm in Longtan - Job | LinkedIn