CloudFlare is a cloud-based web application performance and security solution that uses the collective knowledge of the Internet to keep websites safe. We have our eyes set on ambitious goals. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We are well-funded, growing and focused on building a world-class company.
CloudFlare manages a geographically diverse network of servers and gear in a high-availability environment. We are looking for a talented engineer to join our Technical Operations team. In this position, you will be exposed to everything from bringing new systems online to compiling monitoring and performance software to networking and routing. You will be responsible for our quick product release cycles and implementing the appropriate processes. You will also work closely with top-tier data center partners to ensure our system is optimized and running efficiently 24 hours a day. CloudFlare works at Internet-scale and your contribution will affect more than 350 million web surfers every month.
- Experience managing remote datacenters and working with high-volume network infrastructure
- Familiarity with DNS and debugging DNS issues
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux or familiar with a common Linux distribution
- Experience with bash or shell scripting
- Experience with Xen or other virtualization technology
- Experience working in an environment with rapid prototyping and code releases
- Experience with Nagios
- Available to respond and handle after hour issues
- Experience with rapid release engineering
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment
- Networking or routing experience
- Experience with Perceus
We offer competitive salaries, fantastic health benefits plan, new laptop, monthly CalTrain pass and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you'd thrive? We'd love to hear from you. Send us your resume and a short paragraph introducing yourself.