blockchain 1g @@
Only use these data files IF YOU HAVE AN EMPTY (or no) WALLET.
While it "may" be fine to put these in with an existing wallet, and
use the -rescan option, the target audience here is new bitcoin installs
with an empty wallet.
Who needs this?
- Any first-time user of bitcoin, who wishes to avoid the lengthy
block chain download through the p2p network.
- Unzip and copy blk*.dat files into your bitcoin data directory
- Remove any database/log* files from your bitcoin data directory
- Run bitcoin or bitcoind
What this does:
- Resets the bitcoin block database and block database index
to the state it was in at the time the snapshot was taken.
- If you have a wallet with unprocessed transactions, the client
may not recognize them. Thus, the above warning: Only use these
data files IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE A WALLET.